This month I have been reviewing one of the newest products to
arrive on the shelves of thePapermazestore for the Scrap, Paper Scissors Blog -Enamel Accentsby Ranger. Well… not ‘totally’ new - black and white enamel accents were
introduced in 2010. Please follow the link over to the blog and see what I found out about what the are, the colours available, how, where and when to use them. They are great fun to use on many projects.
Have fun experimenting with the Enamel Accents, and don't forget to share what you make.
Catherine is mad about strawberries and anything strawberry related. So when she and George recently moved into their first home together I thought a Strawberry themed new home card was in order and found the perfect die by Elizabeth Craft Designs (1149 Strawberries). I also saw a design for a card made using these dies by Anita, which inspired the shape, layout and background of mine.
I made a matching tag and filled a white basket with straws, serviettes, a plant, prosecco and of course real strawberries.
I cut all the pieces from white Bazzill Basics cardstock, and inked the leaves and strawberries with Distress Inks (scattered straw, twisted citron, crushed olive, festive berries, worn lipstick, mustard seed and tumbled glass). Some items were layered up with 3 dimensional foam pads. and tiny dots of Glossy Accents were added to look like drops of water. I cit a 6" circle card blank and another circle with the centre cut out using the Cricut. I ran the inner circle through the Big Shot inside a cuttlebug embossing folder.
The banner was cut using a Sizzlets Alterations Decorative Strip Die - Tattered Banners The frond was made with Sizzlets Alterations Decorative Strip Die - Spring Greenery
The letters were cut with Sizzlets Alterations Decorative Strip Die - Typeset
My lovely friend Liz gave me a die (Die'sire Decadence) for my birthday and this is the first card I have created with it. I used some pearly card from my stash to cut with the die. I cut the centre twice and off set the first one, adding the second over the top in the original position.
I added the lettering with the QuicKutz - Mini Moxi Unicase Alphabet Dies
The die cuts were arreanged on a 6" x 6" card cut from cream Bazzill Basics Cardstock
Tiny flat-backed self adhesive pearls were added to the front of the card.
The layers are raised up on 3 dimensional sticky foam pads.
Using two sheets of Flutter paper from Kaisercraft's Mademosielle collection I made this framed butterfly picturre for the Papermaze Design Team Blog.
I saw an idea in the July Kaisercraft Work Shop Magazine (downloadable from the link), using one of their frames and covering it with papers and centering the large butterfly from the Flutter paper inside. I already had a deep RIBBA frame from IKEA and thought it would be good to keep the paper uncut for the bottom layer and leave my frame and mount white. I cut another large butterfly from the second sheet and stuck it down by the body using glue. I then built up the wings with 3 dimensional foam pads. The details were highlighted with Glossy Accents, Liquid Pearls and Stickles glitter glue.
close up view
Please visit the shop by following the links on the Papermaze Blog - Scrap Paper Scissors to find the products used.
For my August design team posts on Papermaze's blog I used the beautiful papers from Kaisercraft - The Mademoiselle collection. I made a canvas, scrapbook layout and a framed picture.
Here is my Tempus Fugit Layout:
Time certainly did fly for our four day break in New York City last year, and since we returned as this is the first layout I have made using the photos form the trip. We visited Grand Central Station one evening and would have liked to have gone back to see it inside in better light, but there was so much to see and do we ran out of time. We did manage to take a few photos.