h3.post-title font-family: 'Bad Script', cursive

Friday, 4 March 2011

Venice

Here is my design team page for the March SCRAPOLOGY challenge.



The photo is my daughter Catherine in Venice shopping. She was fascinated by the masks chose a small one to bring home as a souvenir.

The challenge this month is to scraplift this layout by Gabrielle Pollacco.



Here is the sketch.

I used three sheets of Basic Grey Curio, from Cardinal Colours those flowers go a very long way! - I ended up with some over, so will make a card, or use them on another layout.
 I used curio cotton (pink for background), ...

... Ophelia for scraps behind background and flowers, ...

... and then Camellia for more flowers and to cut the circle.

I used some bazzill (dark chocolate) as a base for my layout and gutted it to give me some over for mounting my photo later. Then trimmed my cotton patterned paper down to roughly 11x11" with tattered torn edges. I then tore further into the paper in a couple of places. The edges were all inked before placing onto the bazzill. I tore a couple of pieces from the Ophelia paper and tucked these into the spaces, so the turquoise flower base pattern shows through the tears in the plain pink.

I cut a circle from the pink geometric side of the Camellia paper. I mounted my photo on some bazzill and cut round with some scalloped scissors. I arranged these onto the layout, but before sticking down edged the circle in lace (only where the lace will show, it would be too bulky to have the lace under the photo). I used less than half a yard of antique style lace.

Then came the cutting and layering of the flowers. The print is exactly the same on both sheets, the background is simply a different colour. I cut lots of flowers and arranged the first layer onto the place flat. For the next two layers I curved the flowers with my scissor blade, and added them with 3D Sticky Fixer foam pads to add dimension. Further dimension was added by painting the finished flowers with Glossy Accents.
Here are some close up shots of the layering and glossed flowers.




I used Stickles - 'Tiara' to dot around on the big circle and 'Distress - Frayed Burlap' for stamen, and Liquid Pearls 'Perfect Pink' for dots on photo mat. All these are by Ranger inks and available from Cardinal Colours.

The torn text is from a tatty secondhand poetry book, I distressed it further with some chalk inks.


The title was cut from the bazzill scraps using the Storybook Cartridge for the Cricut.


Thanks for looking and don't forget to join in with the March challenge on SCRAPOLOGY

3 comments:

  1. beautiful lo, love the use of the flowers on the pp

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful fussy cutting with Curio for your fab lO!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, please leave a comment :)