h3.post-title font-family: 'Bad Script', cursive

Tuesday 1 October 2013

B is for Buttons!

Hi everyone, I'm back to show you how I used buttons on my Design Team layout for this month's Scraplift challenge over on Scrapology.

We are scraplifting this fun layout by Laura Vegus:

and I drew a sketch as always:

I used Echo Park's Scoot papers:

4x6 journalling


I also used a sheet of Bazzill cardstock, blue and red funky foam, DMC stranded cotton thread, and a lot of buttons!

I made an 11" x 11" square of paper using the grid side of 'numbers' paper. Then I cut across creating a wavy line about 3" to 4" up from the bottom. I cut a piece of the coloured sided of 'stripes' with the stripes running vertically 11" wide and about 5" deep to place behind the 'grid' paper to complete the 11" x 11" square. The outer edges were distressed and inked. This was then mounted over the gutted Bazzill.

I cut a strip from the blue side of 'stripes' 10" x 1" this was trimmed with a scallop shape using a stencil. I inked the edges and stuck this vertically over the grid paper, from the top and about 5.75" in from the left.

I cut random strips from the left overs of 'numbers' and 'stripes' and cut more from the other two papers as well, these were distressed and inked and placed to show under the photo once matted.
The photo was mounted onto a piece of patterned paper and stuck over the strips, close the the scalloped border.
The funky foam lettering and shapes were cut with Sizzlets on the Big Shot.
All the buttons were stitched in place with the thread over the join between the two papers, with a few bows tied here and there too.

A fun and colourful page to make.

Thanks for looking. If you are interested in the challenge please pop over to the Scrapology blog. The challenge runs from today until 5th November.

Lynn x

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog, please leave a comment :)